Tuesday 2 July 2013

Ebook Publishing: How to Write an Ebook in 3 Days, Market It and Start Getting Sales in a Week

Ebook publishing is actually very easy. And, one of the reasons I love it is that you can get an idea in your head and get it out - and published - in a few hours or days. I know, I've written quite a few.
Following are some tips for writing an eBook that I've employed over the years that have allowed me to start my own little publishing empire.

Ebook Publishing: Specific Things I've Done to Write Books in as Little as a Few Hours

Find Time to Write: The reason so many put of writing an eBook is that they "have to find time to write" it. But again, you can literally bang one out in an 8 or 10 hour day if you want. It doesn't have to be this long, drawn out process.
One of my most successful ebooks was written in only 8 hours. Most take me about a week to finish (and that's because I'm usually working on client freelance writing projects in between).

Write an Outline: This is the first thing I do when I sit down to write an ebook. The reason is, it keeps me focused and on topic. It also helps me adhere to that all-important schedule of finishing within a few days.
Note: Your eBook outline will also become a critical part of your sales page. So it serves a double purpose and is a critical part of the ebook, publishing, writing - and sales - process.

Don't Edit, Write: One of the reasons you can write an eBook so quickly is when you sit down to write, just write. Don't worry about editing it or polishing it, or trying to make it perfect. Just get the thoughts out of your head down on paper.
Be sure to refer back to your eBook outline so you don't miss any important points.
I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that if you do this, you'll have more than enough material for a 30, 40 or 50 pager if you write like this. You may even find yourself having to cut material.

Niche It: In my opinion (and to date I've written 18 ebooks), these little babies should be in the 30-60 page range. The reason is - again, in my experience and opinion - when most people purchase an ebook, they're looking for specific information on a specific topic.
And I'm talking about "non-fiction, how to" ebooks (the kind I specialize in).

Leave Out the Fluff: Notice the title of this article. It's very specific. When you read this, it had darned well better give you info about this - not about publishing in general, what size font to use, how to format page, etc.
You probably clicked on this article because you wanted info on... well... how to write an eBook in three days, right?

Edit/Revise/Rewrite: Once you've gotten the info down, then you can spend a day or so rewriting and organizing your material. But please don't spend too much time on this. You can edit or revise to death and it'll never be "quite right" (or make you money). But, you'll never know unless you publish the darn thing, now will ya?

Ebook Publishing Tip: The Best Way to Market to Get Quick Sales
Now that the writing is done, it's time to market. I use article marketing and posting ads on free classified ad sites like backpage. Usually, when I first publish an ebook, I'll write 20-30 articles during the first month (using SEO strategies to get search engine juice).
Then, I may keep that up and write one article a week for the next 4-5 months. Over time, this may drop off to 2-3 articles a month -- forever.
I also market to my in-house list of newsletter subscribers and via my social media (Twitter) account.

If you follow these steps, you can literally publish an eBook a week - and be on your way to creating your own ebook publishing empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment